boo! did i

scare you?

Were you starting to think this blog was part of the government shutdown?  Seriously, I hope to be back to regular posting soon.  I'm not just saying that, I sincerely mean it.  I've been trying to finish a few things here and there so my mind won't constantly be focused on what I should be doing instead of sitting here.  Really though, there's been a lot going on.  I think I might need a vacation.  Yeah, yeah... I don't work outside the home.  Why would I need a vacation?  Assuming I don't need a vacation is as bad as assuming I don't have anything to do.  Seriously, JUST because someone doesn't have a job outside the home doesn't mean they need anyone sitting there thinking of things for them to do.  Wow.  I'm 41 years old and finally starting to stand up for myself.  These backbone things are kind of nice.  I  should have looked into one years ago.

I did take two Saturdays in a row and do photo walks.  Have I mentioned that I loved it?  I can't believe  it took me years to finally do it.  (It must have something to do with that whole backbone thing.)  I didn't have a walk this weekend and guess what, I don't see one happening anytime soon.  There needs to be more photo walks.  I would do it on my own but walking around with a group is so much safer than walking around alone with camera gear.  Alone, I'm constantly watching out for what's around me but in a different way.  It's less of a "let's create great art" watch and more of a "let's not get mugged" watch.

For your continued patience during my times of preoccupation, I will share a picture from one of the photo walks.  This was another from Houston, before I was limited to my phone.  By the way, another first, I went up and to a stranger who was sitting on a bench behind the Wortham Theater, just taking a break, and asked if I could take his picture.