we all know what

we're supposed to do when life hands us lemons.  Guess what.  I had a whole lot of lemonade this weekend.  To make a long story short, I'm going to the camera doctor today.  Yes, everything turned to crap in the middle of the photo walk on Saturday but at least it wasn't a wedding.  Also, I just used my phone for the rest of the day.  I would say it all being operator error is the worst part but as much as I could kick myself, I'm using this as an opportunity to be more aware next time.

Here are some phone pics from Saturday.




Now let's all hope for a speedy recovery because my camera has places to go and people to see.  In the meantime, I've decided my backup needs to be upgraded.  My current backup is... well... let's compare it to the donut spare everyone has in their trunk.  Now let's say that someone who drives for a living needs to use the spare but also needs to keep driving while the permanent tire could possibly take 10 days to be replaced.  That trip would be a lot easier and go a lot faster if they'd just replace the donut with a regular sized tire.  Now I need to get dressed just in case I can get my camera to a doctor in Houston this morning.

Fingers crossed, prayers said, rabbit foot rubbed...