i tried a new

recipe.  It's oatmeal made in a slow cooker.  First of all, I'm picky about my oatmeal.  I know what I like.  I like it plain with lots of sugar and cinnamon and NO milk.  I don't like it soupy, but more of a mashed potato consistency.  That said, I tried this oatmeal recipe.  I know Cosme likes his a little different from mine and figured if this recipe weren't great for me, he'd probably like it.  It's apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and oatmeal.  Sounds great (minus the apples).  I added it all to the pot last night and turned it on low.  Never having used steel oats before, I looked them up.  It looked like the ratio of oats to water was 1:3.5, NOT 1:2 like the recipe called for.  I'd already added all the ingredients and was not supposed to stir it.  So I added more water and nothing else.  Anyway, this morning the oatmeal was done.  I used 7 cups of water instead of the called for 4 cups, that part was perfect.  I didn't like it though.  It was not my favorite.  It needed more cinnamon and sugar and really needed salt.  On the plus side, I used a slow cooker liner so when it cools down a little, all I need to do is tie up the bag, lift it out and throw it all in the trash.  Yuck.

I already know it's going to be a long day.  I'm so sleepy and ready for bed... and it's 6:00 in the morning.

This picture is from a couple of nights ago, when there was some meteor shower.  I had a lawn chair out in the driveway with blankets, a coke and my camera.  I didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I took a picture of the moon.  The more I look at it though, the sleepier it's making me.  Maybe I'll be better once the sun comes up.  Until then, I need something other than slow-cooked oatmeal.