as far back as

I can remember, there has been a cookie jar.  I don't know when this cookie jar came into the picture.  Assuming it was a wedding gift for my parents, the cookie jar is probably 40 years old.  Sometime after I left home, I acquired said cookie jar.
259

I never really have kept cookies in it.  It's usually where candy and Little Debbies end up.  It's always packed after Halloween.  I've never made a point of keeping it full because I always wanted everyone to assume it was empty, leaving me an extra hiding spot for my secret stashes.  It's a place where Eric's friends wouldn't have considered getting into.  Those days are gone.  Last night, after (I'm guessing) 40 years, the cookie jar is out of service.  Well, it's still usable but I just can't hide anything in it.  The lid broke.
260

My secret stashes will never be secure again, unless they find a new home.  For now though it works out pretty well.  We have quite a bit of Halloween candy left over so I'm able to stuff it full, even allowing it to overflow.