today was one

of those mornings where I was hungry but nothing really sounded good.  I had a chat to attend on the computer at 8 so I started printing out recipes I'd pinned on Pinterest to kill time.  About 7:45 I realized I couldn't take looking at all the food pics any longer and decided to hurry and make a bowl of oatmeal.  I like cinnamon flavored but I was out of the flavored stuff and left with plain.  ugh.  Don't get me wrong, I've had plain oatmeal and once I added cinnamon and sugar, it was great.  Not today.  Today I couldn't get the flavor right.  It was bad.  On top of my cinnamon and Equal, I even added milk.  (Don't think that the Equal was the problem because I've had it before and it was fine.)  I remember when Grandma used to make oatmeal and Papaw could never understand how I could eat it without milk in it.  Not even the milk helped.  I can't wait for lunch.
268

Dodo bought me my first set of pots and it came with a little kettle.  I first couldn't figure out why they'd include that with the set but offer something more practical instead.  For years it sat on the stove because it's a kettle and that's where it's supposed to be.  I never had any use for a kettle.  Why would I take the time to heat that thing when I could just pop a measuring cup of water in the microwave.  One day I decided to use the kettle and I realized how useful it actually is.  Now it sits on the stove because it usually has water in it and is really convenient.  Go figure.
269