my first side dish

for Thanksgiving has been prepped, is in the refrigerator and just needs to be heated for 15 minutes at 350 degrees on Thursday morning.
271

As if the Central Park Praline I have melting in my Scentsy warmer wasn't enough, I had to go and make the broccoli and rice casserole this morning.  That bar smells just like having Thanksgiving dinner in the oven, particularly the sweet potato casserole.  I just topped it off with a little onion and celery sautéing in butter.  Yum.
272

I also finished with the ornaments and ribbons on the tree.  I felt like it was missing something.
273

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought more ornaments and poinsettias to stick in there.  I bought a bigger mesh ribbon but I haven't decided what I'll stick with as far as that goes.  I know for sure it needs a few more poinsettias, at least two.
274

Who knows, by the end of the day I might swap out the ribbon and have a wreath hanging on the front door.

On a less successful note, I tried a new recipe over the weekend.
275

It was unusual.  It was a breakfast muffin and the texture was very eggy.  I threw the recipe out.  Maybe they would have been better had I used the mini muffin tin and referred to them as anything but their original name... Cottage Cheese and Egg Breakfast Muffins with Ham and Cheese.  Everything went downhill from that point.  Well, I take that back.  After the first bite, Cosme said maybe he needed another bite to take it all in.  After the second bite he said it wasn't that bad.  After the third bite he said he didn't know and that it was unusual.
276

Maybe I should have questioned the cottage cheese.  Maybe next time I'll stick with bacon and eggs.