well, well,

well.  How's it going?  It's been a while.  My last post was back in July and my zucchini seeds were sprouting.  The zucchini didn't make it.  I had blooms and all was promising, but then I went away for quarantine and the plants died.  The tomatoes survived and here we are in January and things are looking like this.

 

To make a long story short, things got super crappy and now they're getting better.  I started to post a few times and then didn't.  The 'rona hit our family towards the end of September.  Dad had the worst case, I had a few symptoms, and Mom had none.  Thankfully, we were the only three to test positive.  My smell and taste were the most annoying of my symptoms and while it all started to come back after a couple of weeks, it wasn't full strength.  Over the last couple of weeks though, I've been getting what the web tells me is parosmia.  Certain things smell and/or taste like chemicals.  It's odd, but I'll take it over no taste or smell.  That started to cause a couple of panic attacks.  Other than that, and trouble catching my breath at times, all was fine... except for Dad.  And Dad being in the hospital made everything worse.  Dad was stuck in the hospital alone and an hour away while Mom and I were in quarantine together and banned from the world.  

 

Anyway, that was October and here we are in January 2021.  

 

Covid is still going strong and all we can do is wait pray for normal to come back and hope that the government doesn't kill our economy in the process.  In the meantime, I'm researching things so I can add a few more containers to my garden.  I'm thinking onions and potatoes, if those are even springtime things.  Like I said, I'm researching.  I'd also like to plant a fruit tree, probably oranges.  The pandemic and grocery shortages really made me see things a different way.  The tomatoes and zucchini were a test to see if I could do it.  I did, for the most part, so now I'll keep going.  Then, there was a moment while waiting in a long line at Honey Baked Ham with my golden ticket at Thanksgiving that really made me start feeling like "this isn't a first world problem".  I didn't like it.

 

I'm going to try to get back to posting regularly.  I get busy, then distracted and eventually, tired.  I can't just stop posting.  This is basically a scrapbook for me. 

 

That's enough for now.