I'm trying to get as much

done tonight as I can.  I'm not doing a whole lot and I don't even think I'm decorating the porch this year.  This is what I've done to the entryway.


I don't have the actual papel picado for Day of the Dead, this is just a generic fiesta banner from Walmart.  I bought another one and that's what I'd hang outside if I do anything.  I have a few more of the tissue flowers so I'd probably do a couple of those out there too.  I'd like to have done it tonight but it's raining so...

Side note: this is the ladder I got for Christmas last year.  I really like how it's adjustable, even though it is a little heaver than my last ladder.  I didn't think about one thing though... how big it is.  I found out exactly how small it isn't when I had to change a light bulb over the toilet.


Oops.  I got stuck.

Anyway, I got the garland and banner up and then went to light all the candles to get an idea how it'll look at night.  I made another trip to Dollar Tree for all the candles.  These are the type of candles I like to keep in the cabinet for emergencies.


I need to add some framed pictures of the grandparents up here and maybe a table cloth or runner.

This is the opposite wall.  I don't really know what to do there.


And then I'll leave my candy bucket here.  If the baby's here, those two candles will for sure go somewhere else (along with the candy).


I collected the flowers leftover from the headband and candy bucket and put them in this thing by the buffet.


I need to figure out what else to do.  I still have tomorrow but I'm just trying to get as much done tonight as I can.  I'll be babysitting tomorrow and certain things won't be so easy.  Oh well, looking at it now from the blog, maybe I've done enough tonight.

Yeah, I guess that'll do.  Time for bed.