I've had carrot cake on

the brain for a few weeks.  I bought carrots and have been looking around at recipes.  I finally settled on THIS one.  It was at this point right here that I decided I wasn't really in the mood for carrot cake anymore, but strawberry cake was sounding better.


But while I didn't have any strawberries, I had three cups of grated carrots.  What else do you do with grated carrots?  I know Luby's has that carrot and raisin salad but do people really eat that?  Yuck.  I went ahead and powered through.


I'm glad I did.  That's the first time I've ever made a carrot cake from scratch and I thought it was pretty good.  But let's not talk about that right now.  I just had a piece and I might've overdosed.

I just watched Yesterday.  Well, I watched most of Yesterday.  I don't think Cosme saw any of it.  We both did some major napping.  Anyway, the movie is based on some glitch or alternate universe where The Beatles don't exist (but some people remember the songs).  The part that really got me was the main character's mom handing him a Pepsi.  He gave it a weird look and asked if they had Coke.  She didn't know what he was talking about.  GASP.  That seems like a bigger story for me.  I can do without Strawberry Fields Forever, but Coke?

Ugh.  Maybe that's what I need to wash down the carrot cake.  I need something.  Popcorn would be good but I barely feel like starting the dishwasher.  I should probably just settle for another nap, an eight hour one would be cool.