for the last few years I've

been writing the names in the book of the dead for the church.  When they asked me if I knew calligraphy, I told them I did when I was 10.  We went with it.  When you're not an expert on calligraphy and you're writing names in an official book with permanent ink, things can get a little intense.

Take, for example, this name.  Vincent.  That's V-I-N-C-E-N-T, definitely not VinE...


Yeah.  That happened and I was stressing.  We discussed my options and figured whiting it out would be the best option.  I thought I'd try looking online for off white correction tape or Liquid Paper.

Believe it or not, it's a thing.


WHEW!  Wite Out called it buff while Liquid Paper called it buff for ledgers or something.  I had to get a two-pack and fast shipping, but hey, I needed it.  It was delivered today and after a quick little dab of the sponge, Vine was back to Vinc and all was good.


Now I just hope this stuff lasts since the writing's only done once a year and I've got two whole bottles.

Speaking of the dead, I thought I might dress up in a Dia de los Muertos theme for Halloween.  I made a trip to Dollar Tree and Walmart today for costume supplies.

I decorated a headband


and a pumpkin for handing out candy.


It's supposed to be the coldest Halloween we've had in a long time, with a low of 37.  I don't know how many kids will be out so I started pulling out the stuff I don't like to fill my distribution bucket.  You know, just in case the crowd dwindles down fast and we're stuck with a lot of candy.


Now I just need to figure out what to wear because the skirt I thought I still had isn't in the closet.  I might wear pants instead.  I don't know.  I need to do some trying on and checking out.  I also need to go back to the store and buy some candles.  I think I might set up a Dia de los Muertos altar.  I was reading up on it all, wanting it to be right but then I started thinking.  What if I only make part of it right?  Like what if I only get the part that "calls" my loved ones back for a visit right?  What if I mess up on the part that "sends them back" or tells them to leave when the party's over?  Are they stuck here?  Are they going to haunt me?  I have another day to research... and possibly change my mind.  If I don't follow through, at least my costume was just stuff I found at Dollar Tree and Walmart.

Okay, I need to go check the score.  Last I saw, the Astros were behind.  That's when I turned the tv off.