it's the week of the wedding

and I'm stressing.  I guess that doesn't mean anything when you take my stress record into consideration.  I'm at that point though where I can flip and blow up, the point of being overwhelmed and frustrated to where my body only knows to stop and cry.  Actually, that gasket's already blown so now it's like I just easily overheat.  I'm like a car.  I have to keep adding fluid but instead of water, Cosme suggested I make it something a little stronger just to calm down.  Okay, okay... I know once I blow a gasket I shouldn't keep driving the car but the only other thing I could think of was a pressure cooker and I've never used a pressure cooker... (hangs head in defeat, thinking of all the gaskets I've blown) 


Anyway, I'm looking forward to next week.  I would say Saturday but I'm one of those introverts who becomes an extrovert with a little alcohol.  So Saturday I'll be full of regret and panic, worrying about how social I was Friday night.  My mind's healthy like that.  Maybe if I start taking Cosme's advice and adding a little "fluid" though, I might can build up a little more tolerance by Friday and won't become such an extrovert.  Highly unlikely. 

I mentioned to Lauren the other day how there's the Ultimate Warrior.  Well, I am the Ultimate Worrier.  Not only am I stressing about how everything turns out once it all gets done but there's also that dance.  Eric is making me dance.  I don't know how to dance with another person.  I asked him if he was trying to make me have a nervous breakdown.  He didn't answer.  I'll take his silence as a definite YES.

Oh.  I do have to mention this from last night.  It was 10:00 and lately it's taken both of us to let the dogs in.  Maggie will run right in but Archer has to be coaxed out of his chair.  We started the routine.  I had Maggie in the cage and Cosme went out to lure Archer in. 

Me: What is that on the patio?  Is that blood?
Cosme: Uh... yeah, it looks like it.
Me: Well, as soon as we get them in, we need to find out where it came from.

It's as if Maggie understood every word.  She proudly walked out of the cage, into the yard and over to the tree they like to sit under.  I knew what was about to happen.  I told Cosme to come inside as she was heading over there.  At that time, Archer heads into the cage.  Maggie started to head back and I grab Cosme, pulling for him to come inside while panicking "SHE'S GETTING IT, SHE'S GETTING IT, SHE'S GETTING IT".  I pulled him inside and shut the door just as Maggie got to the porch with her dead possum.  Then I felt bad.  We looked out the blinds with this dead possum on the doorstep while Maggie gives us the saddest look like "I brought you something and you didn't want it".  We opened the door a little, making sure she didn't grab the possum (because we didn't need her bringing another one into the house AGAIN) and let her in the cage.  Cosme went and got the shovel to take it away and Maggie watched while whimpering.  Not only did we not appreciate her gift to us but we were throwing it out.  I felt bad.  Cosme did tell her she was good and I think that made her happy again.

Then we went to bed and I only had possum on the brain, no wedding worries.