i still haven't

made anything with that Skippy peanut butter.  I went to Kroger this morning though, trying to avoid all the rain we were scheduled to have... I was worried because I got a late start and well, here it is right now

It rained for about 10 minutes, 2.5 hours after I got home from my late start.

While I was at Kroger to pick up a few things though, I noticed another one of those sales.  Buy 6 and get the sale price.  I bought 5 boxes of microwave popcorn so I could get a few cents knocked off a package of frozen breakfast sandwiches.  Needless to say, my few items turned into a basket full.  That might actually be a good thing because if you'll remember, a few months back I was complaining about how I was stuck in a routine of eating out.  Lately, we haven't eaten out a whole lot.  Okay, I did pick up Red Lobster last night but only because they have a special right now of grilled shrimp drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with bacon... how could I not pass that up?  Oh, there have also been a couple of occasions where eating out was just more convenient but for the most part, I've done a good job at keeping myself in line (and in the kitchen).

While I sit here typing about how well I've done at not eating out, I really should be in there prepping mac and cheese for tonight.

I'm also working on several loads of laundry today.  Strat is supervising.

Speaking of Strat, he was in the living room the other day and I decided since licking is the fastest he ever moves, I'd get a little slow motion video of him. Here it is.

Now I'm off to start the mac and cheese.  That should go really well with the pork chops I picked up (and maybe even one of the boxes of brownies I picked up to meet that 6 item sale price).

You win, Kroger.

UPDATE: Scratch the first picture.  It's raining again.  I guess the forecast was right.