the last couple of days

and the next few days will be a little crazy.  We've been pretty busy.  The last couple of days for me have looked like this
photo-a-day, day 96

I'm trying to do last minute things to complete a belle costume for the San Jacinto Festival and make a fan that a southern belle might carry out of these flowers and ribbons for Sunday's event.  As hideous that sounds and is, I'm trying to make it not so much.  Once that's done, I'll figure out how to decorate the MG with flowers and tulle for next Saturday's parade.
photo-a-day, day 97

In the meantime, I'm thawing shrimp, baked a cake and made almond buttercream frosting.
photo-a-day, day 98

Once the cake cools and gets frosted, I'll clear that mess out of the way and make tortillas for tonight's grilled shrimp and stuffed peppers... and tomorrow's breakfast tacos.