today was the day

I planned to run errands.  I had so much to do.  I needed to hit the grocery store so I could spend all day tomorrow baking and prepping for Saturday.  Oh, I was even going to get a new grill today.  It started off good.  Eric's friend stayed the night last night since they have PALS stuff going on all day off campus.  I went to Shipley's for donuts and my nemesis finally wasn't working the drive-thru window and it was the nice lady that used to always work it.  (I'll explain in a minute.)  I stopped at the mailbox on the way home and that's when the good day I was having turned not-so-good.  I got out of the car and didn't realize I hadn't zipped the side pocket of my purse with all my cash when I left Shipley's.  Bills and coins went all over the street.  I got all but two pennies... I think.  I got the mail and drove home.  I pulled into the garage, shut the door and came inside.  [Insert loud noise]  The spring on the garage door is in several pieces.  Now I'm sitting here waiting on the man to call me back so he can come out and confirm his not having the part I need while I wonder if there's any way I can have that door opened by 11:00 so I can get all my garbage out to the street.  Oh well.  I'm going to look on the bright side.  Eric had a ride so there were no worries there, I have plenty to keep me busy inside for the day, I can always go to the grocery store this evening and finally, I didn't have to face my nemesis at Shipley's.

I'll explain the situation at Shipley's.  I think the girl has it out for me.  I think she gets mad because I ask for hot donuts.  She's never nice to me and has done things, I think, to intentionally aggravate me.  She has left my donuts just out of reach, sitting on the drive-thru window sill while she gets change.  She has given me the exact opposite of what I ordered.  Last week I didn't ask for hot donuts and she was suspiciously friendly with her smile as she said goodbye.  I pulled off only to find cold donuts in the bag.  Ugh, it's so frustrating.

Anyway, I'm going to go do all I can while being unexpectedly stuck.  At least I had a hot donut this morning.  Things could be worse.