my computer is

on vacation right now.  It's in Colombia with Cosme.  He got in to Bogota last night and we had already planned that I would call from the house phone directly to his room.  He gave me the room number when he got in but I couldn't figure out how to call.  It was late and I was tired but that wasn't the problem.  I called the operator and she told me what to dial first.  Didn't work.  I called information to find out how to get an international number.  She asked what city and state.  I told her the city and told her it is Colombia.  She said I need to call a different number (duh, woman).  I called the other number, it had been changed.  I called the new number, I am not allowed access.  I gave up and called him back on his cell phone.  Whatever.

Aren't operators supposed to help me use the freaking phone?  And since when does the operator change her number?  And why am I denied access when calling the operator?  Oh well, I'll try again tonight.  He flew out of Bogota this morning and just landed in Barrancabermeja, also known as the birthplace of the ELN (National Liberation Army) guerilla group.  I would post a picture from a map but I'm not familiar with this Windows 7 jazz.

For now, I'm using Eric's computer.  I might or might not post pictures while my computer's away.  We'll see.  After getting a few pictures from Cosme's phone though, nothing around here seems interesting.  Colombia seems like a place I'd love to explore.  I guess I'm better off here, out of guerilla territory.  Maybe I'll see what West Columbia has to offer instead.  fun. fun.