i promise

this is the last of the drawings, for now anyway. Before we could start drawing people, we had to learn bones and muscles. We had to learn where things were and how they moved to understand a person's pose better. Naturally, we started with bones and I think that's probably why I enjoyed skulls so much. Our assignments were so much fun. It wasn't just about drawing a person, sometimes it was about not drawing a person. There were several assignments to only draw everything around the person, only draw the shadows on the model or as in the picture below, only draw the highlights. Ms. Mouton would get some of the guys that worked out a lot to come in and sit around in a pair of shorts for our class to draw. She would really go all out for our classes.
Here are a couple of other studies we did. We'd go around the room and only have a few seconds to sketch what we saw before the next person would jump up on the table and strike a pose.
Then I found these. Lauren was apparently doing the same thing in Ms. Manor's second grade class. Maybe?
Since posting the pumpkin painting the other day, I eye those little pumpkins every time I go to the grocery store. I probably won't be satisfied until I get one and bring it home to draw.