I have one thing to

say... wow.  This was what the zucchini looked like this morning.


Here it is next to yesterday's picture.


So, of course I'm obsessed and I had to check on them later in the day.


Look at the change from this morning to this afternoon.


After taking the afternoon pic and zooming in, I noticed two little nubs sticking out on the tomato side.  Here they are later in the afternoon, more than nubs and actual little things.  Sprouts?


What if this turns out to be my calling?  That's wild.  It also might not take much to amuse me when it comes to something I know nothing about.  I'll just keep learning as I go.  I ordered some bigger containers today, but that wasn't easy.  I had to find something that was food safe and BPA free.  I'm turning into one of those people.  ugh... I figured though, why go through all the trouble growing my own stuff if it's contaminated with some funk from plastic?  Anyway, I found some containers and they're supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  Want to know why I need them ASAP?  Because the roots are busting through the bottom of the egg carton.

So that's the latest in my adventures of gardening.  I did have a bit of panic this evening though.  What will I do when spring comes around and caterpillars are everywhere?  I've come up with a couple of options and am hoping I might have it figured out.  More to come on that.

All the vegetable excitement yesterday had me wanting to cook.  (There hasn't been much of that lately.)  I bought tomatoes the other day to try something I saw and we ended up liking it.  I don't remember the actual name, but you roast little tomatoes and smash them.  Cook some chopped shallots in olive oil, then add the tomatoes and some garlic with a few capers and a TBS or so of water.  Mix all that up with angel hair pasta and also toss in some basil (which I had growing outside, thank you) and fresh, torn up mozzarella.  (And I don't get the fresh mozzarella thing.  Isn't most mozzarella fresh if you plan on eating it?)  Whatever the dish is technically called, this is it.


It was good.  I also warmed up some french bread and found a copycat recipe for Carrabba's herb oil dip.

That's it for now.  It's almost my bedtime so I need to go research gardening stuff before I fall asleep.  And don't fret, I should have another plant pic tomorrow.