there's this thing I've seen

on Pinterest where people soak gummy bears in vodka.  I bought gummy bears and decided to try it.  I saw several methods and I picked the one where you put the bears in a dish, pour vodka over them, and let them sit out for 24 hours.

This was last night.


This morning they looked a little sad and beat up, like any of us would after spending the night drowning in vodka.


I pulled them out with a fork and laid them out on parchment paper.


Here's a vodka bear next to a sober bear.


The verdict:  they aren't worth it.  The flavor is good.  They taste like fruity candy vodka.  The texture sucks.  It's like putting a little slime nugget in your mouth.  I'm going to call this a Pinterest fail but honestly, it's an idea fail.  Just mix a fruity drink or eat gummy bears.

Oh, that camera I couldn't find earlier?  I found it.  It was in a camera bag that I must have taken to San Antonio.  I could've sworn I'd used a different one.  Whatever.  I found it and took a few pictures.  I wanted to mess around with double exposure again.  Now I need to take about 5 more pictures before I can mail the film in to be developed.  I don't even remember what kind of film I have in there.

Okay.  Time to wash bottles and do a few other chores before bed.  I'm tired.  I feel like how vodka bear looks up there.  I'm going to see if ibuprofen helps.  Vodka bear is just going to the garbage.