one word pretty

much sums it up for me right now.  Tired.  Wait, let me do that again.  TIRED.  Wait, that looks way too energetic and worked up.  How about this... tired.  Even better... tired.  It seems like I've been in the kitchen all day.  Oh, I wasn't in the kitchen after I put my bread in the oven because then I went off to iron.  I told Cosme that by the day I had, I was wondering if it really wasn't 2014 but 1950.

I woke up and made waffles and fried some baked potatoes I'd made yesterday, for that very purpose.  Let's see, I washed all those dishes and then started the made-from-scratch corn dogs that Eric had requested.  But before that I started some dough rising in a bowl, just in time for the dishwasher's heat to help it stay warm.  Once the corn dogs were done and the dough had risen, I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded while I let the dough rise in its two baking bowls.  I put the bread in the oven and went to iron.  I finished the bread and started to clean my shrimp for tonight.  I already had some asparagus in the refrigerator so I put that in a dish and it's ready to go in the oven.  I got out some risotto to make as well but all it took for me to put that back in the pantry were the words "in a separate pot".  Nope, not gonna happen.  If I need something else I'll just cut open one of the baked potatoes intended for breakfast.  During all of that, I've been trying to do photography stuff at the computer, which is at the table.  So yes, I have HAVE been in the kitchen pretty much all day.

On that note, I'm finishing dinner and going to bed early.

I'll try to come back in the morning and talk about food... and maybe the cats.