a few years ago I

found a recipe.  I don't know where it came from and I even went out of my way emailing the food blogs where I was pretty sure it came from but I couldn't find in a search.  I searched my recipe binder, hoping I had a weak moment with time to kill and printed it out.  Nope.  I gave up on it.  I think I might have found something similar on Pinterest but that didn't matter.  I wanted my recipe that I'd used before and I had nothing to compare it to.  Fast forward.  I was cleaning out my recipe box and guess what I found.  Correct.  Luckily, I had written it down and tucked it away.  It's like I knew I'd never come across it again online.

So anyway, we'll call then Honey Bites.  We could go with Oat & Honey Bites but that's a little wordy and if wordiness didn't matter, I'd probably go with something cutesy like Bits o' Honey and Oats.  We'll go with Honey Bites.

The odd thing is, Honey Bites involve two things I do not like: coconut and honey.  I know that if I can get past that and enjoy this recipe, anyone can.

HONEY BITES
8 TBS butter
1 1/2 c quick cooking oats
1/2 c flaked coconut
1/2 c chopped walnuts
2 TBS all-purpose flour
2 TBS wheat flour
2/3 c honey


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a mini muffin pan with Bakers Joy.  Melt butter in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat.  In bowl, combine oats, coconut, walnuts and flour.  Add honey to the melted butter and bring to a boil, stirring often.  Pour butter mix over dry ingredients and mix well.  Scoop mixture into the muffin cups and slightly press it in.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.  Let cool for 10 minutes.  Store in an airtight container.

So that's that.

In other news, I think Lucille figured out that I'm boss.  The whole issue of wet versus dry food seems to be working.  Now it'll probably come down to do I like having to keep them separated to eat or will I eventually give in and have them both cross over to the wet side.

On the dog front, I was out playing with Maggie yesterday and my phone kept going off with texts in my pocket.  My text tone is a line from Despicable Me.  ("IT'S SO FLUFFY!")  I finally took my camera and iPad out to catch her reaction.  Although it wasn't as dramatic as she had been doing it, you get the idea.



Now I'm off to do housework while I catch up on my full load of Sunday night dvr.