after a few years of not

having our floor finished, I had it done last week.  There were several things holding us up.  It was mainly decisions on what to do in odd places.  So yesterday morning I was bored and started painting the new trim.  When Cosme woke up I told him I had an idea for one of our odd spots.  We've been wanting to paint the built in stuff and kitchen cabinets for a while but just haven't done it.  So, I had the bright idea of painting all the built-ins and cabinets now.  The guy who put the floors in told me to let him know if I need him to do anything else.  PERFECT.  There was only one problem.  Cosme's idea was to do it ourselves.  First you should know that I HATE painting.  I'm messy and I'm not good at it.  I'm way to impatient to paint.  When it comes to painting, Shortcut is my middle name.  I hate it.  I despise it.  I loathe it.  Whatever.  Yesterday we went and bought wall paint, cabinet paint and island/mantle/bar paint.  Here's what we got:

This is the trim

This is the kitchen cabinets and entertainment center

This is the kitchen island, mantle and bar (which happened approximately two minutes after opening the can).  And FYI, the dark stuff stinks.  I'm pretty sure I'll need to crack a window today.

I don't have a sample of the wall because that wasn't part of my duties.  But here's a picture of Strat I took on a little break yesterday.

So I started painting yesterday morning around 8:00 and stopped around 8:30pm.  I'm sore and tired.  It's 6:30 and I've already put a second coat on part of the island and a first coat on another section.  Oh, I've also got laundry going.  Today is already making me want to cry.  On the plus side, I am determined to take a break and get a pedicure today.

ps- I hate projects not only because everything is out of order around here (like furniture in the middle of the room and stashed in other rooms) but it's just the act of getting from point A to point B.  It's so much better to have someone else do it.  Work sucks.