so i haven't

actually gotten around to the 30 day photo challenge.  At this point, being the 5th and all, I figure I should probably just wait until next month.  Only then I guess it won't be a 30 day challenge.  Oh well...

So here's the new lens towering over the 50mm that stayed on my camera 85% of the time.
I love it.  I haven't taken pictures of anyone in the house yet since that was part of my promise if I were to get it.  (You know, because everyone around here is aching to have their pictures made.)  So guess who the victims are.  Right.  After Lauren stayed in bed sick, I washed all the bedding.  First let me say I keep a plastic cover over the bed when not in use so the cats don't lounge around and get their hair all stuck in freshly washed bedding.  I got the sheets back on the bed but haven't gotten around to the quilt yet so the sheets are back on but covered with the plastic drop cloth.  (Give me a break, it's not like it's a room that people normally go in.  It's not like I have plastic on my couch.)  Anyway, the other day Eric noticed Lucille had pulled back the plastic to lay on the sheet.  I moved her and fixed it.  This morning I walked past the door and saw the same thing.
I reminded her she shouldn't do that.  (You know, because the cats understand everything I tell them.)  Then I look to Strat who is on the quilt that hasn't been washed.  He looked up at her and I asked why he let her do that.
He said, "HEY! How many times have I told you not to do that?"
Yeah, I don't expect anyone to believe that but you have to agree it kind of looks like that.  And it does fit into the story.  Anyway, he just looked up at me after that, knowing that he didn't need to get up from the quilt because now the sheets need to be washed again.

And those were the first few pics made with the new lens.