here's a little back

story for you.  I have my grandmother's china.  I really like it and it looks like me.  A while back Mom mentioned some glasses that Grandma had that I also wanted.  When everyone came down for Christmas she found them boxed up in the shed.  Lauren brought them by and I knew something was up when she wanted me to get the box out of the trunk but had a smile on her face.  I could see the box had clearly been sitting in a backyard shed by certain debris left on it.  I did my best not to touch it and put it down just outside the garage door.  Once I put it down Lauren so kindly informed me of the snake eggs in the box.  AAUUGGHH.  The box has been sitting outside ever since.  I felt like anything that might have been living in it might be gone by now.  Plus, there is some nasty weather expected today and the glasses probably would be better off inside.

(Looking at the radar and out the garage, it looks like everyone but us is getting rain.  I know it has tornadoes and hail mixed up in it so I'm playing it safe.)  Anyway, bad weather and garbage day meant it was the perfect time for me to put gloves on and get the glasses out of the box and in from the weather.

This was mean of my sister but I guess I had it coming.  I've been known to do some pretty mean things...  which I've since apologized for and didn't really think something like this would be necessary.  I'm just saying...
This box apparently was nesting a whole village of snakes.  I put my gloves on and pulled the glasses out one by one and unwrapped them.  The newspaper was dated February 20, 1994 so these glasses had been packed away for a while.  I don't know how the whole snake egg-laying process works but that's a lot of eggs.  It was worth it though.  Although I haven't been able to bring them in from the garage just yet, the glasses are all unwrapped.
I don't know.  Part of me feels that letting them air out will serve a purpose.  I'm sure that's just some illogical thinking on my part but it makes me feel better so that's how I'm doing it.  Now I just hope they look good with my everyday dishes.