to quote

Tone Loc, "Let's do it".  Here's the catch up...

We took a little trip to Puerto Rico and it was so much fun.  We landed in San Juan, rented a car and drove to Rio Mar Beach Resort.  Upon arrival, the bellhop told us about the Rum Carnival going on out back.  Cosme and I went.  It was stands of food, live music, dancing and free rum.  Some people were having drinks out of coconuts.  It looked like it would be good, if coconut drinks are your thing (I'll pass, thanks).  The next morning Cosme and I went down to the beach to check it out.  When I say the next morning, I mean 6:00.
140

Remember the coconut drinks?  Some people obviously tossed their coconuts on the beach.  Two little dogs that ran up to us on the beach were playing and digging and peeing on coconuts.
141

We stayed here for a few days and spent a lot of time on their beach and in their pool and also in the town of Luquillo.  Luquillo was pretty cool.  It has kiosks with food and rum and behind those is access to the beach. That particular beach was popular but didn't have very high reviews.  We went into the heart of the town and found another beach with lots of surfers and boogie boarders.

A view of the neighborhood where we parked for beach access.  The mountains in the back are the rainforest, El Yunque.
142

The kiosks.
143

We went back the next day after a pit stop for boogie boards.
144
145
146

The next day we hung out on the beach at Rio Mar and at their pool.  We loved it there.
147
148
149
150

I'm having a problem posting a few pics from my phone so I'll wait on those and I'll continue with San Juan tomorrow.