cosme and i went out to

eat Saturday night.  We didn't really have anything planned but as we exited onto Elgin we remembered this show .
and one of its contestants having this restaurant
so we decided to stop.  Great idea.  The food was so good.  We weren't real sure going into it because there were a few bad reviews but we really enjoyed it.  We left completely satisfied.  You can read all about the restaurant t'afia, its Saturday morning cooking classes and farmers market here.  No, Monica Pope did not advance on Top Chef Masters but we're definitely going back to her restaurant.

We each had one of their cocktails and shared the chickpea fries with curried ketchup for an appetizer, along with some awesome bread and butter.  Cosme told me to pick an appetizer and I was hesitant on my selection but we both loved the fries.  My entree was shrimp with grits and came with green beans and tomato jam.  Cosme had a chicken breast with potatoes.  They were both good.  For dessert I had creme brulee topped with two herbed shortbread cookies.  Normally I don't order creme brulee because I'm not a fan.  I had to try it and... yum.  Cosme enjoyed his chocolate bread pudding.  Yeah, we'll definitely go back.