**this post has been

edited to protect the "innocent".  through emails, my friend Jamie and I touched on the topic of OCD and the necessity of having everything just right.  She was referring to a birthday party she's planning but I agreed with her and realized how many things that applies to with me.  Okay, perhaps it's not OCD but I know I'm a control freak, especially when it comes to creative control.  A lot of the times I realize that if it's not done exactly how I think it should be done, I lose interest and want no part of it.  This not only applies to birthday parties or similar events but school projects too.  Sometimes I get carried away with school projects. 
Monday morning Eric told me he had a project due on Wednesday.  I thanked him for not telling me Friday and at least giving us the weekend to work on it.  He explained what had to be done... a family tree.  Ohhh, my mind began to explore all the different things we could do.  What fun.  I started rambling off ideas, all the different techniques or mediums we could use.  Eric stopped me.  "This is for Medical Terminology... it's not Art."  Fine.  Whatever.  He obviously wouldn't need my help.  Fast forward to 6:30 Tuesday evening.  Eric walks in the kitchen and tells me he needs help drawing a tree.  Even though I'm so excited to try a different idea I had earlier in the day, I didn't let it show.  "Fine.  Bring me your project board."  A few minutes later we had a black and white tree.  Sharpie on white.  (boring.)  I explained to him how there are places in the branches for the names to be written.  Done.

I really don't know why I get like this over school projects.  Maybe if I had done my own instead of pushing them off as another one does, I would have gotten it out of my system... or not.