so we went to

Orlando for spring break and it was fun.  We did a lot of walking.  Here are a few pics... for today.

It all started with the flight there.  I wasn't near as nervous as I have been in the past.  (I thank Cosme and all his small plane flying for that.)  Once we got on the plane, we each purchased Direct TV for the ride.  That REALLY helps my nerves.  If I can watch Food Network while sitting there, I almost instantly find my comfort zone.  I started off watching Frasier with Eric... until they brought me a set of my own headphones.

So halfway through The Pioneer Woman, I passed out.  When I woke up I had to hurry and finish my Coke because we were already descending.  (While I can't have anything to eat or drink before flying, I can have a Coke on the last half of the flight.)

See?  Lots of DEEP water.
And there's Florida!

Once we landed, we hopped in a taxi and headed straight to our hotel.  We stayed at the Loew's Royal Pacific Resort.  It's right there at Universal so we didn't really see a need to rent a car.

Here's a view from the drop off to the hotel entrance.

Here's a view out our window, overlooking the pool.

To get to the park we could either take a ferry from the hotel or walk around the little waterway.  Most of the time we walked.  Here's a view after leaving Universal and heading back to the hotel.

It was a really pretty walk with lots of greenery, unless of course you were walking under a bridge.

We got there around 2:00 Thursday afternoon so we headed straight to the park.  We were pretty tired that evening so we ordered room service.

Johnny Walker, anyone?  I'd say that's fair market value...  (in case that font is too small, yes, that's $220)  And the dinner menu wasn't much better.

On the plus side, the hotel did serve Coke products.  On the downside, a can was $4.00 plus 6.something% tax plus 22% service charge.  FYI, a 12-pack at Kroger is usually $4.00. 

Here's a view out the window one evening. 

That was our flight to and first day in Orlando.  More to come tomorrow.