you know it must

be bad if you go to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned and you're excited because you just have one cavity.  Let me stress some stuff here.  You JUST have one cavity, as opposed to needing a crown or root canal.  I left with a fluoride varnish on my teeth.  The hygienist asked if I'd like a bottle of water and my reply was, "No thanks and I'll be totally honest with you.  As soon as I leave, I'm getting a Coke."  And I did.  And it was awesome.

I went riding around and passed a few things from one area where we lived when I was a kid.  This was my first daycare.  I cried all the time.  I had friends but I just wanted to be home.  One of those friends told us her cousin was John Travolta.  Please...  Anyway, the front of the building looks different but they clearly didn't renovate the sides.

I didn't go to National Daycare after we moved from a nearby apartment.  Instead, I walked to and from school with friends who lived in the same townhouses as us.  Those townhouses aren't in the same shape today either.

Back then it seemed like our school was SO far away.  We'd stop at my friend's grandmother's house to take a break.  Looking today, that house was actually only about two or three doors down from the school.  Now I see how all those walking uphill in a snowstorm stories get started.  I'm sure it seemed that bad.

Then I decided I needed to get home because I had a chicken to put in the oven.   And that's what I'm about to do.