i've claimed a lot

of words to be my middle name.  I'm pretty sure "consistent" has never been one of those words.  How about a random blog post several weeks later?

I went for a drive this morning.  This was the one picture I got.  I thought the sky looked pretty.  I liked the leftover fog.  I liked how it looked over the prison farm.  It was about this same spot on Highway 36 that I broke down in the early 90's.  I was so scared and it was around midnight.  For some reason, broken down near the prison, a teenage girl automatically assumes there's a murderer on the loose.  Okay, maybe not most girls but this one did.  A couple of cops passed and did nothing.  I had no cell phone and my grandparents were expecting me.  A long while after waving my little glow stick out the window, a deputy finally stopped.  My grandmother was waiting up with every outside light on and looking out the window.  Can you imagine her reaction when a cop car pulls up in the driveway?  I'm sure she was relieved when I not only got out of the car but got out of the car without handcuffs.  They were both happy to see me.  The next morning was a different story.  When my grandfather took me to get my car and it actually wasn't broken down but just low on transmission fluid, I got a very common and much repeated lecture on how I only worry about whether or not there's gas in the tank. 

I'm going to try to make "Consistent" my middle name... in a good way.  I'll try to be more consistent with my posting and less consistent with the neglect.