i reopened a can

of something yesterday.  After my blog post, I clicked on the recipe blog's link.  It had been a REALLY long time since I'd posted anything there.  I got busy with that.  You know, because I need another never ending task.  I did make a few changes though.  See, around 2005 I made cookbooks for Lauren and Brittany.  Lauren was in college and Brittany was graduating high school and moving off.  I collected recipes from relatives that are considered family classics, you know, the dishes that certain people always make and bring on certain occasions.  Anyway, I did that.  Fast forward a few years.  Once my grandmothers started going downhill with Alzheimer's, I ended up with more old recipes.  I started the recipe blog just so Lauren and Brittany could turn to it if needed.  (I mean it's not like I'm the only granddaughter but I do have all the recipes...)  Lauren asked me for a recipe the other day.  It was one of those that was in the cookbook of family classics but her cookbook has since disappeared.  I thought about that while looking at the blog yesterday and realized how easy it would be to just have everything there for everyone.  Right now I'm in the process of finding all the recipes from the cookbook to add to the blog, in addition to all the recipes that still need to be sorted through.  It's not a spectacular setup.  I mean it's a blog so everything is listed by its posting date.  I am trying to label them as well as I can so the recipes should be fairly easy to find.  Think of it as a database of family recipes.

I hit pause while catching up on Project Runway the other day.
She looks surprised.