yesterday's topic

was "bathroom".  Here's my take.  It's the half bath off the kitchen.

Today was "on the shelf".  This was my grandmother's grease jar and sugar canister.


We're getting closer to the day we leave for vacation.  I haven't started packing.  I think I'm in denial.  I don't know.  Maybe it's not so much denial but "I don't want to think about it".  I've been looking things up online, important things, like what I want to buy for everyone.  I'm pretty sure the girls are getting ceramics while I'm not sure about the guys.  Toledo is known for its swords but seriously, how many swords does someone need around the house?  A gun is so much more efficient.  Real Madrid (the soccer team, not the factual city) beat Portugal in the semi-finals of some EURO soccer tournament thing yesterday.  Germany and another team play to see who plays Spain.  Guess what.  The final (finals?) will be played the night we get there.  The game is being played in another country but all the fans gather at their stadium to watch.  (I wonder if their screen has anything on the Cowboys' screen...)  Anyway, because we refuse to be jet lagged (assuming our flight makes it okay and all goes well), we will either be at that stadium or in a bar along the way.  I'm assuming this is like a Superbowl for them, making this a Superbowl party with thousands of fans.  It should be pretty exciting.