i'm scrambling here

with what to post for uneventful days.  Although yesterday was anything but uneventful, I didn't get a picture.  This morning I decided to do a recap and here's what I came up with.

I found a healthy recipe I was determined to make and headed to the store early yesterday.  One ingredient was sesame seeds.  First, let me say I do not care for sesame.  I can handle small doses but too much ruins it for me, much like coconut and ginger (fresh, not ale).  Anyway, I gave in and had to ask for help.  I had no idea where to find sesame seeds.  At first I thought it would be with the Asian foods, then maybe with the other things like sunflower seeds in produce, then I wondered if maybe it would be with the salad toppings.  I asked and I never thought to look in the spice aisle.  Hmm.  It really doesn't matter because I was so unimpressed with the outcome, we had to pick dinner up.
photo-a-day, day 13

While I finished all my grocery shopping before 9:30, the only downside to finishing that early is that the liquor store isn't open yet.  I don't normally need to stop at the liquor store but again, a recipe.  I'm finally going to make Ina Garten's coq au vin today or tomorrow and I needed cognac for that.  We'll see how that turns out. If it turns out to be another recipe flop, I guess I'll pick up a new hobby... cognac.
photo-a-day, day 14