hi. my name is melanie

and I'm a pushover. In a way I guess that's a good thing. I like doing things for others. I like helping people. What I don't like is people taking advantage of that. There was a situation last week and I still can't believe I let it happen. I won't go into details even though I know nobody involved reads this blog... at least I don't think they do.

It reminds me of the time there was a woman walking along the highway, in the rain, with grocery bags. She was leaving Brazoria, headed towards WC. I dropped Eric off at school and went back to see if she wanted a ride. She was so happy. I think when we got to WC and I realized that while headed to her house I was actually taking her to run errands, I was shocked. I had to laugh. It was too ridiculous. Since then I have only given one other ride. It wasn't just because Cosme gave me a lecture about that not being safe but simply because people can have some nerve.

Anyway, I realized yesterday (while still stewing over what happened last week) I'm 37 years old and if I want to say no, I will say no. I don't need to give any explanations. My business is my business.

This picture has nothing to do with me being a pushover. Wait, I guess it could. It's the fruit from the top of a mai tai I had over the weekend. A mai tai could help my stress level while thinking of how rude and inconsiderate people can be.