and then there was

none. The birthday cake is gone.
I do have two words for Dad and Lauren. Don't fret.
Oh, you might want to make sure there's plenty of milk in the refrigerator. You may not think this looks like much cake but each slice could very well be two servings. Speaking of things that are good for you...

I saw something maybe it was on Dr. Oz (hey, don't knock it till you've tried it) or maybe it was looking through one of Cosme's Men's Health magazines. Wherever it was, I read about healthy snacks. Yes, snacking on potato chips will add pounds and sure, I'd like to shed a few but that's not what I'm getting at. I've been seeing a lot of things on snacks that benefit our bodies. I picked up some blueberries. I can't remember what they help. Memory? Repelling cancer? I don't remember. I do remember I read something good about them.
I also read walnuts have all that omega fatty stuff and I think they're good for our brains. So I bought some of those too.
As tempted as I was to stop at Sonic and get cheddar peppers yesterday (mmmm) I went into Target and picked up healthy snacks. So while Eric was at band practice, I sat in my car and played Moxie on my iPod eating blueberries and walnuts. Yes, those cheddar peppers sounded wonderful but the berries and nuts did the trick. Okay fine, I admit I went to Sonic and bought a Coke... but it was a small one. That's a start, right?