this was the perfect

morning on our street. It was closed for work they're doing at the end of it. So much quiet and so few people. Why not stand in the middle of it and get a snap on the Camp Snap? Don't mind if I do.




 That was my entertainment for my walk this morning, the Camp Snap.




Yes, I got up and went out for a walk. I had a little bit of time before I needed to have Maggie at the vet's office. We had a follow up appointment.  


Look at her right eye. Poor thing.

I took her in a couple of weeks ago because something was not right. Her eyes wouldn't open and she wouldn't walk. She was treated for an eye infection, coming home with an antibiotic, steroid, and eye ointment. We were told then that her organs all looked good, but her blood work was a little eh. Her eye is looking better, a little demonic, but better. It opens. Her eyeball is visible. She can see to get around. Since it still looks a little glazed over and red, she has another round of steroid and ointment. The blood work still isn't great. She is 14 years old so instead of looking into it further with tests and scans and possible surgeries, we are letting it ride. After our talk and while the vet went to get the meds, I noticed blood on my pants. I inspected Maggie and what I thought was dirt on her side was actually blood. The vet took her back again to shave and clean the area. She said it could be hemangiosarcoma. Again, we're probably not going to go any further with figuring it out because of her age. And that, folks, is why this will be my last pet. The emotions that go along with being a pet owner are another thing, and I just don't want to do it anymore after Maggie. Never say never, I know. But... man.

While I'm going down that road, I might as well post this picture too. When we had to put Lucille down, this was the room. I like the other exam room better.




Anyway...

The afternoon fatigue has been hitting hard the last couple of days. In my best impression of Brad Majors, here it comes again.



No comments