the days have been

a degree or two cooler and it's awesome. We sat outside and took it all in yesterday. The neighbor's grandson kicked his soccer ball over the fence a couple of times... and busted up the fence in a few spots. Oh well, the sunset was a nice pinkish orange, even though the picture isn't the greatest.




I want to take in every minute of our privacy. I don't mean from all the workers that have been here, but I am thankful they're all gone. I mean all the trees in the back. They'll all lose their leaves soon and take our privacy right along with them.


Speaking of workers, this is one of my favorite things. First, the back story. I'd been wanting to replace our garage lights for a couple of years. Adding the pool house, I was going to need a third light and had to hurry and pick something. I finally decided. Here's a view out the side door of new lights.






I had plain post bulbs at first. While those are more practical if you're wanting to see, these fixtures really needed the flickering. Who am I kidding? I needed the flickering. I could sit there and watch those for hours. I need more. I want them all over the place.

While we're talking about sitting around and watching things. I didn't just buy tickets, I bought a whole VIP table for an event coming to town.





It won't be as large scale as the last guy... I don't think. How could it be? It's at The Dirty South. While we have seen bands there, I don't see how a whole Elvis ensemble could fit. I don't care. I'll take it.

Ordinary days, with a side of Elvis.

No comments