a restaurant opened a while

back and I'm not crazy about their food. I'll explain. First of all, it's not a new restaurant but it's new to Angleton. Another one has been in Lake Jackson for years. Anyway, we went one day and picked up dinner. I ordered the Italian panini and Cosme ordered soemthing else. I got red pepper or tomato soup with mine and he got the cream of poblano. Apparently, it's what they're known for. I probably would've enjoyed my meal if they hadn't put it on rye bread, but the soups were good. We decided to try it again for lunch. Nope. We split a burger and it tasted like a frozen patty. It wasn't good and the sweet sourdough bun wasn't enough to save it. We decided to give them one last chance and we got breakfast. No, no, no. I decided I would only go if I ever wanted soup. 

Well, a few days ago, we went to pick up an order of the cream of poblano soup and made sandwiches at home. I really do like that soup. 

Guess what I made today...

I found the recipe HERE

I didn't add the carrots or jalapeños but everything else is the same. I'm tempted to add corn to it.

Another thing I tried today was this pizza. 


I found it in the frozen section at HEB. 

It wasn't much different from other frozen pizzas. It was fine, but nothing like a fresh one from the restaurant. 

That's that. Time to try a bowl of this soup with the cheese and chips sprinkled in.