i was without

my car for a couple of weeks.  My fuel pump went out... in the Kroger parking lot.  That was awesome.  Long story short, it's fixed and that makes me happy.

In other news, I can't wait for this week to be over.  Did I just think that?  Not only is there a funeral this week, there will be people I don't care to see this week.  On the other hand, when this week is over, that means it will be the week of Thanksgiving and I don't really know if I'm ready for that.  Okay, instead of skipping ahead, can we back up?  Can we back up a week or two?  Let's make that one week because Eric was sick the week before that.  But last week... yeah.  Last week was awesome.  I was getting my stuff taken care of and it was about me.  It sucks not having a vehicle to be able to jump and go but it's also awesome.  I stayed home and TCB.  Like I said, it was all about me.  So last week made me realize something.  I need more time that's all about me.  I know people won't get it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When someone doesn't work, everyone assumes they have nothing to do and are sitting waiting for something to do.  Wrong.  I was so on top of my stuff last week.  You know why?  I was stranded and couldn't take on anything else.  (Not that I'm wishing to be without my car again... let's get that jinx out of the way real quick.)

So, other than being back to functioning normally, here are a few things that have been going on:
 - my Christmas tree is up and there are a few presents under it
 - I threw my tree skirt in the garbage this morning because Lucille threw up on it, missing any presents 
 - the cats are driving me nuts
 - I ordered and received film for the Polaroid camera, a roll of color and a roll of black and white
 - I need to order more film for the Polaroid camera (and btw, that stuff costs a lot more than it did in the 80's)
 - I'm probably making banana bread today or tomorrow
 - I'm probably eating several loaves of banana bread today or tomorrow

That's about it.  Here are a couple of Polaroids of the cats.  I know they're not good but you try using a Canon digital for years and then using a Polaroid after not using one for 20+ years.