i'm not one for

new year's resolutions.  Let's face it.  Anything I need to change, I don't have the will power to and the things I do have the will power to not do, I don't do anyway.  Prime example: Coke.  I'm drinking a Coke as I type this.  Sure, I've tried to cut back and I have... for a while. 

Have you ever sat though and thought about things that have changed from a year ago?  I have and I did it this morning.  It was actually more like looking at things that I hope will change by next year.  Let's start with my living room furniture.  It was on it's last leg a year ago.  Today it's just sad.  By next year I really hope I have new furniture.  I've been looking for a long time.  I go back and forth between leather and fabric.  I just don't know.  I want something that's easy to care for but will work well for this environment.  We have two cats but sometimes I feel like this


It can be a little overwhelming at times.  For now, I'll just keep looking and being indecisive.

On a different note, for the sake of blogging, I just had a piece of cheesecake.  I needed to post a picture along with the recipe on the recipe blog.  This is the best cheesecake ever.  I think my great-grandfather got the recipe somewhere.  At one point I heard it was from Lindy's but that couldn't be because it's nothing like their cheesecake recipe.  It doesn't matter because to me, it was something my grandmother made so I consider it her recipe and it's delicious.  Sometimes I sprinkle a little extra cinnamon in the crust just for the heck of it.  You can see it here

Now I need to get some chores done.  We're going to see a movie and go out to eat today.  As much as I dislike Jamie Foxx, we're going to see Django.  It all evens out though because while I might not have the same political views as him, I equally dislike Spike Lee, who wants us all to boycott the movie.  Plus, Eric already saw it and said it was good.

Cats, cheesecake and Coke, I'm signing off for now.