the word for the day

is love.  I don't have anything yet.  I do have to go to Lowe's so maybe I'll find something there.  I'll get back with you on that one.

Sunday I decided I wanted to try to do a Pinterest recipe each day this week.  Then I got realistic about it and picked a few I want to try.  Last night I made one and I really liked it.  It was simple and good.

It called for 1/2 c of the blend of grated pizza cheese but I just picked up the Italian blend.  It also said to bake it and then sprinkle another 1/2 c of pizza cheese over the top.  I didn't.  So basically, it's 2 medium zucchini, 2 medium squash, about 2 TBS of chopped basil, approximately 1/2 tsp of dried thyme, approximately 3/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 c of the Italian cheese mix, 1/2 c grated Parmesan and salt and pepper.  Mix it all up and bake it.  It's definitely something I'll make again.  Tonight I'm trying zucchini tots.

Speaking of good things, the girl that does my nails will sometimes bring me treats.  It's been Vietnamese noodles for Eric or candy for me.  Last week she brought me these things.

She didn't know what to call them in English and I don't remember the Vietnamese words but they're good.  They're like cookies, crumbly, flaky and not very sweet cookies.  I took a picture of them in case I ever need to go to the Asian market to buy some.  I'll just pull the pictures up and tell them that's what I want.  Easy enough.