and all of a sudden

I decided to try to finish the May photo challenge.  Today's word is grass.

Two weeks ago we went to the PALS banquet.  It's where the new PALS come in and any graduating PALS are featured in a presentation and dinner is served.  Each incoming PAL is represented by an existing PAL or two.  The current pal decorates a table for the dinner.  Last year Eric decorated our table in A&M and welcomed our cousin Sam in.  This meant that I decorated a table for about 12 of us.  Oh yeah, the current PAL also makes a dessert for the table.  This year was a little different.  After the PALS leader retired last year, the new one made a few changes.  There was no candle ceremony (which I didn't miss) and she had a set theme for the tables (that makes it so much easier).  What made it even easier was that Eric teamed up with Paige in welcoming a new PAL.  Paige took care of all the decorations.  WOOHOO!  I asked Eric if I still needed to make a dessert and he said yes.  As usual, he requested banana pudding.  Here are a few pictures from the evening.

The table setting.  Oh yeah, Mrs. Miller set the night's theme as Dr. Suess.  Paige did a really good job, everything was so cute.





Hmm, I remember Eric telling me I needed to make a dessert for the table.  Apparently I didn't because Paige's mom made cupcakes.  I guess Eric wanted some banana pudding.




Eric and Paige look thrilled.  The picture's blurry but it was all on my phone.  (Yes, my camera bag was on the floor right beside me.)


See the guy behind them setting up the food?  He's from The Jay Cafe in Needville.  They have good food and delicious pies.  A while back I stopped and picked up a piece of coconut cream pie for Dodo and delivered it to the nursing home.  It was funny because even though she has Alzheimers, I talk to her like I used to.  She said the pie was delicious and I told her that Texas Monthly even had a write up on how good the pies are there.  She said, "Well they know what they're talking about."  Wow, pie sounds really good right now.  Dodo might need a visit in the next couple of days.  Oh, as for the catering, they served us tea... sweet tea.  I haven't had sweet tea in FOREVER.  Sure I drink tea, sometimes with and sometimes without artificial sweetener, but straight up tea with sugar?  Wow, that was a jolt.