today's photo

challenge is "what you're reading".  Easy.

I'm rereading Breaking Dawn and on Sunday I picked up Most Talkative by Andy Cohen.  If you don't watch Bravo then you have no idea what I'm talking about.  I read so many things about it and had to get it.  So far it's... meh.

Now for the good part, my next recipe from Pinterest.  I made zucchini tots aka zucchini bites with sliders last night and they were good.

I felt like they'd make good hors d'oeuvres once I tried one but my only problem is they were a pain to get out of the muffin tin (which had been sprayed with canola oil).  They were grated zucchini, diced onion, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and salt/pepper.  You know how squash casserole is a little sweet?  This was like savory squash casserole bites.  Tonight's mission is cauliflower cakes with steak.

I should have had zucchini bites this morning but oatmeal sounded so good.  When I started the kettle I realized I was out of my oatmeal.  In a hungry fit I turned to the pantry, then the freezer and grabbed the first thing that sounded easy and tolerable.  White Castle. 

I don't know.  When your taste buds are set on cinnamon oatmeal, White Castle doesn't seem like the answer.  It wasn't.  I still wish I at least had a bite of oatmeal.  After I ate, I realized I should have just pulled a leftover slider out along with some of the grilled onions.  Looks like today's going to be one of those days where I act before I think.

I probably mentioned this before but the burgers reminded me of us driving through New Jersey a few years ago and wanting to stop for White Castle.  When we finally got there and it was Mom's time to order, she requested an order of burgers with no bread.  The lady wouldn't do it.  She said she'd get fired.  I don't know what's crazier, her being so unwilling to make the customer happy or Mom's request for White Castle with no bread.  It's not like a burger patty.  It's like asking for a ham sandwich made with a few slices of Buddig lunch meat, minus the bread.  Almost nothing.