i don't get it

but most of my posts lately are about food.  Here's another but I spared you the pictures.  (You're welcome.)  Remember those Reese's baking pieces I posted about?  Well, I haven't been able to find those.  Instead of taking that as a sign to not make the peanut butter cookies, I picked up a bag of Heath baking bits and I'll make cookies with those later today.

Heard enough?  Too bad.  A few weeks back I had an urge to make tortillas so I bought a tub of lard (you know, that really doesn't sound very appetizing).  Okay, so I bought the tub and it's been sitting in the pantry.  Today I decided to make tacos so I figured homemade flour tortillas would be grand.  I haven't made them in so long but once I started mixing, it all worked out and they turned out pretty darn good.  Ultra thin, just like I want.  I did realize one thing though.  A regular ground beef taco isn't quite worthy of a nearly transparent tortilla.  I think some outside skirt is more deserving.  Next time I'll know.  Guess what.  All this talk about my tortillas have made me want to show you how they turned out.


See how thin they are?  I like them like that.  I don't like thick bready tortillas.  I understand that a thick one might be better for durability but it's still not my thing.
Those arrows are pointing to my fingers that can almost be seen through the tortilla.  I think that's due to my rolling as well as the lard.
I know it's empty and plain but yum.
We have plenty left over so I predict breakfast tacos tomorrow morning.  I don't eat it but there's also plenty of cilantro and onion that Cosme likes to have on his tacos.  I guess he can put that on his eggs in the morning, I guess...