don't think of

it as being cheap but more like not wanting anything to go to waste.  I buy 2% milk, you know, one grade up from water with a white tint to it.  When a recipe I was making called for less than a cup of whole milk, I wasn't about to buy a big thing of whole milk when I already had two gallons of 2% in the refrigerator.  I went to grab a pint and I had a choice.  I could spend $1.00 or $0.25.  Hmm.  Okay, I am a tightwad but that's not it.  Well, it might be part of it.

Seriously though, I needed the milk right then and the 25 cent pint wasn't due to expire for another three days.  What was the point in spending an extra 75 cents for an additional five days on the milk?  It's simple, there was no point.  So I did it.  I bought the cheap milk with the big sticker on it.
I'm fine with it.  I used less than a cup in my recipe and drank the rest of that pint.  (Man, it's been a while since I've had whole milk.  That stuff was good.)  I might be cheap BUT... the $0.25 milk that would have been thrown out because of the big orange sticker didn't go to waste.

This post has made me realize two things: first, I hate not having the cent symbol and having to use "$0." and second, I think I might start buying whole milk.  Oh wait, make that three things.  When listing things out like that in a sentence, and as much as I think a colon should go there, I think I remember from one of Eric's assignments that I should be using a semicolon.  I don't remember so I'm sticking with the colon, right or wrong.  (Hey, don't judge.  I never claimed to be an expert at punctuation... or grammar or spelling for that matter.)