last monday i

started C25K.  I'm driving to Brazoria every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and doing it through Garden Acres.  I made it through the first week but today's session was rescheduled to tomorrow morning.  Anyway, the first week is a rotation of walking for 90 seconds, running for 60 seconds, walk for 90, run for 60, etc.  This goes on for 20 minutes.  Considering I've NEVER been a runner, that's a lot of work and a pretty big accomplishment to say I finished the first week.  During that week I decided that even if I get stuck doing the first week for a while, I'm still better off than I was.  Anyway, Cosme came home early on Friday and we went to a park across the street and did it.  You know what?  It's a lot harder to do in the warm afternoon than it is in the cool morning.  That was torture.  Plus, Cosme's more like a drill sergeant than an exercise buddy.  He even took my phone away because I kept looking at the time and whining, "making it harder on myself" according to Cosme... whatever.  I ended up making it and went home without passing out.  Sunday morning we went back to the park and did another round since I wouldn't be doing it this morning.  I did a lot better than I did Friday.  When we finished he gave me my phone back and without letting me know in the beginning, we advanced to week 2, walking for 90 seconds and running for 90 seconds.  I did it.  I ran for a WHOLE 90 seconds each round.  Compared to someone like him, who can run miles, my 90 seconds might not be much but for me, that's kind of a big deal.  And today, my legs aren't even sore... for today.