it's early and

I'm in the middle of breakfast so I'm going to share a couple of food things with you.  For breakfast I'm having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I really don't see a problem with that.  Sometimes I have peanut butter toast and sometimes I have jelly toast.  Today I'm having a slice of each, but cold and pressed together.  I do love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Eric knows it.  Since he was little, he's known.  If I was having a bad day or in a grumpy mood, Eric would walk in, delivering a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  If he'd gotten in trouble and felt bad, he'd walk in, delivering a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  That started when he was about 5.  Luckily, he hasn't had to deliver too many.  Now that I've established my fondness of peanut butter and jelly, let me tell you about this

Cosme and I stopped at Crave for cupcakes and I'm all about the vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting.  What can I say?  I like to walk on the wild side.  It is my favorite anywhere though.  White on white BUT... When we walked into Crave and I saw Peanut Butter & Jelly on the menu, some sort of alarm went off in my head.  When I looked at the case and saw there was only one left, I wanted it more.  So I ordered the peanut butter and jelly cupcake... with a vanilla/vanilla for backup, of course.  (I have some sense, you know.)  So I bit into the pb&j and it was great.  I think the cake was actually a vanilla cake but the frosting was peanut butter and then there was that dollop of grape jelly in the center.  It was awesome and Cosme thought it was disgusting.  (Here's where my smarts kicked in.  I put the pb&j down to start on my vanilla.  Now that I knew Cosme hated the pb&j, it was safe.  That vanilla on the other hand, well, let's just say Cosme's known for liking to "sample" whatever I order.)  Anyway, I saw a recipe on Pinterest the other day for cherry cupcakes with what looked like a cherry preserve in the middle, much like the pb&j.  I can totally see how that could be altered to my pb&j liking and one day I just might try it.

Now for some rather disappointing Pinterest news.  I've tried a couple of recipes from one girl and the first needed tweaking.  It was some sort of beef stir-fry or something.  The other day I decided to try her recipe for zucchini bites.  It was little pan fried zucchini pancakes.  The recipe didn't need tweaking at all, it needed to be thrown out.


But not wanting to give up totally, I found another recipe from someone else and tried to tweak it.  I added more ingredients to make it more like the second recipe.  This was supposed to be like tater tots, made into little blobs and baked.


At that point there was nothing left to tweak so a pound and a half of zucchini when into the garbage.  It was not good.  It was horrible.  That's what I hate about sampling the recipes I find online, I never know.  On that note, I need to get a list ready for the grocery store.  Maybe next time I'll have more success stories to share.