a while back i said

I should start a topic on things I've always asked for but never got. There's a Baskin Robbins on Gessner. Every time we went to Baskin Robbins I'd ask for a clown cone. Mom always said no. Cosme and I went the other day and I bought myself a clown cone. No, there was nothing great about it. Actually, it wasn't even very good. But now I can say I had one.I guess there's only one more thing I always asked for but never got. When I say always, this is around ages 5 to 12. Every year it was like this:

Mom, Dad & everybody: Melanie, what do you want for Christmas?
Melanie: a dummy

or

Mom, Dad & everybody: Melanie, what do you want for your birthday?
Melanie: a dummy
I still don't understand why I never got one. Cosme says they probably thought I'd have issues. Picture this, 1980, sitting around the dinner table and I'm told to eat my vegetables. I ignore everyone but Charlie McCarthy turns around and says, "Melanie doesn't like vegetables" - I guess I can understand.