it seems like lately

I can't get enough Pinterest.  It's a great idea, a virtual bulletin board that can even be broken down into categories.  It's like an online idea binder to share with everyone.  I have categories from crafty stuff to a board for places that are pretty.  Some of the things are ideas I'll probably never get around to but it's there, just in case.  I got around to one yesterday.  It was on my food board.  I like poppers and this was basically a popper in the form of a sandwich.  A grilled cheese popper sandwich.  It needed a bowl of soup with it, a nice big bowl of tomato basil soup... or maybe even tortilla.  The sandwich is exactly what one would figure a popper sandwich would be.  It's grilled sourdough with cream cheese on one slice, cheddar on the other and sliced jalapeño in between.  I used a can of sliced jalapeños instead of taking the time to roast fresh ones.  (I'm not into spicy either.)

Here's the first sandwich.  It was grilled in the skillet like a regular grilled cheese would be.
253
Here's the second.  I put it in one of those little George Foreman type grills for sandwiches.  We'll call it a   sandwich press.  I thought that would make things a little easier since the flip of the sandwich in the skillet got a little tricky.

254

I had the one from the skillet and Cosme had the other.  Eric wasn't home but if he was, he wouldn't have eaten either.  I'm sure they were both about the same.  Here's the inside.
255
The only thing that would have made this sandwich better, other than a bowl of soup, would have been crispy bacon inside and slices of cheddar rather than the grated stuff.