i'm not a fan of

soap operas.  When I worked for JCPenney, and had an alternating schedule, sometimes I would be home during the day when all the soap operas were on.  I would often set the tv to a soap opera so I could take a nap.  Fast forward.  When I was Eric's ride to school I usually started off with the morning news on channel 2.  I never sat around and watched tv all day but I kept it on for noise and to keep up with the time.  Anyway, I knew when the "soap opera with the hourglass" was over and Rachael Ray started yapping, it was time to bring whatever I was doing to an end and get ready to leave to pick Eric up.   The show is actually Days of Our Lives but I have to stop and think about what it's called.  Days of Our Lives, One Life to Live, General Hospital... it's all the same... boring soap operas.  I can give you a general idea of who the people are and what's going on because I hear it since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  I've come to realize though that the reason I don't like soap operas is not just because they're boring but they are so freaking ridiculous!  OMG.  It's not even drama, it's stupid, beyond ridiculous drama.  That whole "town" on the show is one complete dysfunctional mess.  It's just ridiculous.  Now that Eric's driving himself, I don't really need to be anywhere at any particular time but my tv is still usually on channel 2 during the day.  I've been breaking away after the news and finding my noise through other stations but I've recently found out that Rachael Ray won't be coming on at 2:00 anymore.  Starting September 13th at 2:00, after the morally corrupt town of Salem (I told you, I can give you general info) airs, channel 2 will now show repeats of The Real Housewives.  Now it's back to keeping the tv on channel 2 during the day.  I guess some dysfunctional, ridiculous messes are better than others.


I'll post this video just because I had the song stuck in my head all day yesterday after the Jimi Hendrix reference.