we went to the beach

 yesterday and it made me think.  The media is all over the tar ball situation.  Yes, I understand that tar balls are not good and they're showing up at all the beaches now.  (Forget the fact that from my earliest beach memories, one of the most dreaded things about going was coming home with tar somewhere on me.  It wasn't occasionally either, it was EVERY FREAKING TIME.  There was tar.  It was what happened when there was a trip to the beach.)  Anyway, like I was saying... The trip to the beach yesterday made me think.  I saw a lot of things on the beach.
There was a bunch of garbage.  Oh, there was this jelly fish too but there was tons of garbage.
Guess what.  There were no tar balls.  Alert the media.  Who cares about the garbage?  As long as there weren't any tar balls, I guess it's all good.